Technical Writer Student 4 Month Fall Term
Student (Fixed Term)
As a member of the QNX Technical Publications Team you will create high-quality written material that makes it easier for customers to develop software using QNX products.
QNX products are designed for embedded systems running in cars, medical devices, railway control applications, and a variety of other safety-critical and mission-critical environments.
The ideal candidate is attentive to detail, experienced writing documentation for developers of embedded systems, and interested in learning about new technologies as well as the people who rely on them.
You will receive advanced training on C, operating systems, and QNX, and be paired with a senior technical writer for mentoring.
Location: Ottawa, Farrar
Length of Term: 4 months with possible extension
- Writes user guides, programming guides, reference guides, technical notes, and release notes
- Provides helpful, illustrative examples for the engineers who depend on them
- Gathers information from source code, design documents, standards, and engineers
Skills And Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a post secondary degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Familiar with information architecture, markup languages, source version control, problem reporting, and continuous integration
- Good communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Software readability (C, C++)
- Experience with complex systems
- Expertise in content discovery, best practices for search, and user experience design
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, or redefining documentation toolchains
- Coding in Python or Perl to automate testing
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
- Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations
- Cafeterias and vending machines with subsidized prices at major offices
- Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices
- Skills training and professional development opportunities
- Organization wide events and various social committees
- Local discounts and free swag
- Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture
- Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations
See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Job Family Group Name
Business Practices & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.