POSITION: Technician II
The Remote Hands Technician II will assist all Digital Realty customers by providing best in class customer and technical support. The Remote Hands Technician II will work with and support all customer demands which may include, racking and stacking of equipment, cabling, cross connects, etc. Internally, the Remote Hands Technician II may work with the Deployment and Implementation teams, the Global Command Center, Provisioning team and Project Management to ensure relevant installations meet delivery dates and create a positive customer experience. The Remote Hands Technician II will be primarily responsible for responding to Customer Requests within the Service Level Agreement time frame. The Remote Hands Technician I will also assist other members of the Operations Team ensuring 100% uptime to all customers.
- 3+ years of experience in Telecommunications or Data Center related field
- Understanding of telecom structured cabling standards
- Understanding of network device deployment
- Ability to communicate written and verbally
- Work flexible shift schedules
- Provide rotational on-call coverage
- Use of industry standard test equipment
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Professional business communication and interpersonal skills
- CompTIA A+ / Net + Certification
- General knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory
- Understanding of Building Management System (BMS) and Branch Circuit Monitoring System (BCMS)
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Leadership and Team experience
- Knowledge of Telcordia installation standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer) and or/equivalents
- Lift and handle up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of network devices, materials, or equipment
- Work under a raised data center floor
- Climb ladders (up to 16 feet) to reach plenum spaces
- Perform Remote Hands services which are tracked through the Digital Realty ticketing system. This includes, but is not limited to the following services:
- Equipment Rack and Stack
- Cable, terminate, and dress fiber or copper network cabling
- Assist customers with the diagnosis of hardware and software issues on their equipment
- Power cycling of customer equipment
- Perform cabinet/cage audits
- Blade/Card, Memory, Hard Drive, and Transceiver installations or removal
- Testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic circuits
- Perform migrations of equipment, power, or networking devices
- Shipping and Receiving of packages
- Receive, install, and test customer and internal cross connects of copper and fiber optic interconnections
- Use of power and hand tools (e.g., screwdrivers, drills, wire strippers, punch down tools, etc.)
- Provide timely customer and internal updates using a computer based ticketing system
- Perform and document inventory verification/counts.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist to maintain overall Data Center cleanliness and appearance
- Work flexible shift schedules
- Report to the facility within a 1 hour average for emergency assistance as needed
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every dayabove all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.