Technology Strategist - Strategic Account
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.Responsibilities
The S-ATS is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our industry focused enterprise customers. S-ATS works exclusively to dissect the industry of a specific customer, map industry scenarios to the technical foundation, understand and translate the customer priorities and desired outcomes, and orchestrate resources in the customer’s digital journey. S-ATS’s technical acumen and industry expertise enables the customer to do business in new disruptive ways. S-ATS drives the adoption of Microsoft Azure Cloud, Modern Workplace solutions, and Microsoft Dynamics 365. S-ATS is the owner of the CIO/CTO relationship, and a dedicated virtual CTO.
This Job Will Provide You:
- A forum to leverage your technical expertise and industry acumen
- Authorization to make major disruptions and changes to the technical architecture to enable transformative industry solutions
- An opportunity to drive your customers to do business in new and transformational ways
- The chances to inspire and lead teams of deep technology experts from the customer, partner, and Microsoft
- Drive trusted relationship with the customer
We are looking for you to demonstrate deep expertise in our customer’s industry and business, knowledge of the markets in which customer operates, and Microsoft’s capability to help the customer drive their digital transformation. You may have a track record in our customers' industries and may have performed in positions such as CIO, CTO, CDO. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital transformation challenges and opportunities. You may also share a common set of characteristics, such as strong leadership and people skills, and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value.
You will be focused on the following priorities:
- Own, manage and develop the technical business relationship with the CIO/CTO of the customer
- Lead the translation of the customer’s desired business outcomes into industry technical architecture
- Lead the technical delivery by motivating and inspiring all technical resources involved in delivering the customer’s desired outcome.
Your specific actions will include:
- Digital Transformation - disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition
- Inspirational Leadership - orchestrating technical teams in order to help solidify the path to the complex, yet exciting journey. Beyond orchestration, you will display the ability to rely on the help of others and ensure there is an interest to engage
- Technical Architecture Leadership - leading the design of technical architectures in industries such as Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy
- Technical Sales Leadership - differentiating yourself by having a strong focus on both technology and industry
- Executive Presence - owning relationships with technology executives -CIO/CTO and members of their office and influencing relationships with CEO/CFO
- 3+ years of experience in digital transformation roles
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams
- 5+ years of technical sales experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or business administration preferred
- Additional training or education in business, sales, or marketing preferred
- Experience in business consulting or consultative selling is desired
Locations: Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Wilwaukee, WI
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.