temp - Program Assistant, CommunicationsNew
AgileOne designs and develops global workforce and procurement solutions for Fortune 1000 companies. Our focused and consultative approach provides solutions that streamline business processes and deliver efficiencies to human resources, procurement, and suppliers.
As the employment agency hiring temporary workers to be assigned to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (“Foundation”), we are responsible for direct hiring and seeking candidates for the following temporary roles at the Foundation.
NOTIFICATION: All opportunities listed are temporary in scope, and your employer would be AgileOne. These assignments are temporary and “at will.” There is no guarantee of on-going employment with AgileOne or any promise, express or implied, of conversion to employment with the Foundation.
Timeline: ASAP - 12/23/2020 (possible extension)
Program Assistant, Communications
Leadership & Culture
Our culture shapes our choices about what we do and how we do it. We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment can do extraordinary things. We expect foundation employees to intentionally and consistently embody our four agreements; show respect, offer trust, be transparent, and create energy.
We are in the process of setting up a new central Communications division which will include the following teams: External Communications, Executive & Employee Communications, CEO Advocacy & Communications and the Discovery Center.
The Program Assistant is a key member of our Communications administrative support team. The Program Assistant provides dynamic administrative support to multiple colleagues at the Deputy Director and Senior Communication Officer levels, in support of the overall goals of the team. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility and good judgment to ensure smooth operations of the team are critical in this role.
- Manage multiple complex calendars with high volumes of appointments and meetings, including with participants in multiple time zones.
- Provide excellent communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to both internal and external inquiries. This role requires high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with external partners
- Manage competing priorities with transparency, collaboration and rigor.
- Provide occasional team operational support as needed.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Balances quality of work with meeting deadlines while making the best use of available time and resources.
- Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Performs task with care; is thorough. Makes few if any errors and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Handles heavy workloads, competing demands, vague assignments, interruptions, and distractions with poise and ease.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including: calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning assistance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and have the ability to adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
Education and Experience
- Proven relevant work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and dynamic organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office is required, in particular MS Outlook. Previous experience using MS SharePoint preferred, but not required. Experience in learning new software applications.
- Experience working within organizational systems to improve efficiency and successfully working in a changing environment.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.