temp - Program Assistant, HIVNew
As the employment agency hiring temporary workers to be assigned to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (“Foundation”), we are responsible for direct hiring and seeking candidates for the following temporary roles at the Foundation.
NOTIFICATION: All opportunities listed are temporary in scope, and your employer would be AgileOne. These assignments are temporary and “at will.” There is no guarantee of on-going employment with AgileOne or any promise, express or implied, of conversion to employment with the Foundation.
Guided by the belief that all lives have equal value, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation pride ourselves in being ‘impatient optimists’ whose purpose is to work to reduce inequity. Our vision is to ensure a world where every person has the opportunity to live a healthy, productive life. We have four missions to:
• Ensure more children and young people survive and thrive;
• Empower the poorest, especially women and girls, to transform their lives;
• Combat infectious diseases that particularly affect the poorest; and
• Inspire people to take action to change the world.
Key to enabling these missions is our commitment to science and innovation, collaboration and partnership, measurement and rigor, as well as optimism and risk taking. Based in Seattle, the foundation has a worldwide staff of 1,500 people and is led by CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann and co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett. We have offices in the United States, Europe, India, China and Africa.Group Summary
Our Global Health Program (GHP) harnesses advances in science and technology to save lives in poor countries. We focus on the health problems that have a major impact in developing countries but get too little attention and funding. Where proven tools exist, we support sustainable ways to improve their delivery. Where they don’t, we invest in research and development of new interventions, such as vaccines, drugs, and diagnostics. Our work in infectious diseases focuses on strategies to fight and prevent HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, neglected and other infectious diseases, enteric and diarrheal diseases and pneumonia. These strategies are supported by functional teams that focus on Discovery and Translational Sciences, Vaccine Development, and Integrated Development.Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Program Assistant is a key member who provides a wide and varied range of administrative and organizational support to members of the TB & HIV team. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility, and good judgment are critical to this role to ensure smooth operations of the team. Primary responsibilities are listed below.
- Schedule a high volume of appointments/meetings and manage complex calendars for the team members. Very often meetings are scheduled over a number of time zones (international as well as domestic) and often include multiple communication links (i.e. conference call numbers and/or video conferencing).
- Make arrangements for and track extensive domestic and international travel for the team (including securing visas when required). Travel arrangements may also be required for participants of foundation sponsored meetings.
- Schedule and plan for on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries
- Act as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately.
- Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint and OneNote preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and problem solving.
- The position is based in Seattle, WA.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with AgileOne at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.