Temporary Care Home Administrator
Linden House Care Home
Linden House Care Home in Surrey are currently seeking an experienced Care Home Administrator on a temporary basis for 20 hours per week.
Located near to the rolling chalk downs of Epsom, Linden House, is an impressive Victorian House that has been carefully converted to a first-class 32 bed care home. We're proud of the warm and welcoming atmosphere that greets every visitor to our home. The care home offers single rooms, all with private washing and toilet facilities. In addition, there are spacious communal areas consisting of three large lounge/sitting rooms and two dining rooms. These facilities give the image and feel of a luxurious hotel but with the added benefit of full 24 hour care.
The successful Administrator will have excellent communication skills and be a confident team player. You will have previous knowledge of book keeping and accounting computer packages.
The role is on a full time basis
To apply for this role you must have the following:
- Good numerical and word processing skills
- Knowledge/experience of MS Word and MS Excel
- Friendly, confident, well presented and customer focused
- Professional telephone manner
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- An appreciation of need for confidentiality
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Confident team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge/experience of MS Outlook
- Previous experience of accounting computer packages
- Previous experience of book keeping/administration
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Care Centre in line with Company policies and procedures, using computer and manual systems
- Prepare and issue regular Management Reports within prescribed timescales
- Process receipts of monies against Service Users accounts. Maintain records
- Prepare and submit relevant Service User financial information to Head Office to ensure invoices to local Authorities are produced accurately and promptly.
- Ensure invoices to Service Users are produced accurately and promptly.
- Follow up settlement of same using manual records.
- Ensure continuity of the Payroll
- Arrange accurate calculation of gross wages on a weekly basis using computer and manual systems.
- Maintain Staff attendance records
- Maintain complete files for Service Users and Staff Members in line with the Company?s policies and procedures
- Provide administrative/secretarial support to the Home Manager e.g. typing, filing, dealing with correspondence etc within give timescales
- Operate office equipment such as fax, photocopier and computer as required
- Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors and direct enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain stationery supplies
- Order and maintain records of Staff Members uniforms
Apply online today or call the home on 01372 230 807 for more information
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Bonus Scheme
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.