Temporary Project Assistant: Asia-Pacific
National Democratic Institute
Deadline: 17 August 2020 Location: Washington, DC, United States Organization: National Democratic Institute
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking candidates to work in Washington, D.C. as a full-time project assistant for the Asia-Pacific team covering a range of countries in Southeast and East Asia. The temporary project assistant positions are available beginning in August/September 2020 for a term appointment lasting three months with the possibility of extension for an additional three months based on performance and/or business need.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, a successful candidate would work from home and could be based anywhere in the continental United States (due to time zone constraints).Responsibilities:
- Assist the Asia - Pacific team in organizing and implementing democracy development programs
- Collect and distribute to the Asia - Pacific team foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, or journal clippings pertaining to Asia & Pacific affairs
- Attend meetings and seminars on Asia - Pacific affairs and prepare written presentations to Asia & Pacific team members
- Conduct special projects as needed
- Assist in providing logistical and administrative support to the Asia - Pacific team
- Assist with administrative duties such as filing, faxing, copying and mailings
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with coursework in political science, international development, Asian studies, or a related field or relevant work experience
- Must have excellent oral and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in Asia
- Available a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team
- Experience managing work prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
- Ability to read, write, and speak an Asian language strongly desired
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
See the full job description
How to apply: Apply online
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.