Territory Sales Representative, Ottawa
Req #: 15365
Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers' construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
Herc Rentals strives to be the employer and supplier of choice in our industry. Our Ottawa location is currently looking for a Bilingual Territory Sales Representative to come and join their team. The successful candidate will be a go-getter, uncovering new opportunities in which to sell while having the ability to develop and nurture business relationships with companies and individuals in their designated territory. The Sales representative's goal is to maximize revenue for the branch and the company.
- Daily territory management and revenue growth through visits to various customer job sites/offices
- Develop a networking list of potential clients and consistently contact them through the telephone and internet
- Develop, plan and organize sales strategies to achieve desired results/goals
- Maintain and exceed quotas by renting and selling equipment on a consistent basis
- Identify customer's needs and react appropriately while understanding the market conditions and local competitors pricing
- Penetrate customers at the strategic level to diversify customer base to include industrial, traditional and nontraditional accounts
- Support all team members
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to engage in natural verbal interaction with customers
- Ability to follow up with customers in a timely manner
- Able to walk into unfamiliar environments and adjust rapidly to the setting
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasking individual who uses project management skills to accomplish goals
- Customer service focused
- Must react to changing business needs
- Solid and proven computer skill set (knowledge of MS Office is preferred)
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of the company
- Attentive Listening
- Collaborative nature; strong client orientation.
- Demonstrating Tenacity and Perseverance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with superb analytical skills.
- Initiative: Being action oriented and a self-starter
- KPI Driven
- Safety Awareness: Understands, follows, and motivates individuals to follow the safety rules and regulations
Possess demonstrated and proven revenue growth experience within a sales
Proven track record with 3 to 5 years of outside sales experience within the industrial market and/or heavy equipment industry preferred
BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
Conditions of Employment
A valid driver's license with a clean driving record
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals is an equal opportunity employer
Job Segment: Medical, Outside Sales, Sales Rep, Advertising Sales, Sales, Healthcare
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.