Total Joint Program Coordinator RN
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003619
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates the development of the outpatient program to support the migration of total joint surgery from the inpatient to the ambulatory surgery environment
- Assist with oversight of clinical requirements and proper training of staff and providers for total joint program in the ASC
- Coordinates with service line leads to ensure specific needs of joint surgery patients are met
- Coordinates Preoperative visits, clearances and post-operative visits for joint surgery patients
- Coordinates with other disciplines which may need to be involved in the episode of care (PT, OT, Home Heath etc)
- Subject matter expert with regards to CMS guidelines and AAAHC standards in relation to total joint program
- Subject matter expert with regards to Advanced Orthopedic Certification with AAAHC standards
- Manage program data and tracking and internal and external benchmarking metrics
- Facilitate team coordination in the provision of evidence based total joint care
- Support staff and community education.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of perioperative nursing in the ASC environment
- Basic knowledge of coding and referral process
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimal direction and lead projects with confidence
- Is proficient in required software products (EPIC, OpTime, Excel)
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and can manage several projects with various teams of people
- Ability to communicate articulately and professionally present to all levels of the organization
- Must be able to function efficiently in a high performing, results oriented work environment
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Current unencumbered RN licensure, WA license obtained upon hire
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in clinical roles related to orthopedic surgery with total joints experience required
- Operating Room Experience, CNOR certification a plus
- Experience in a LEAN healthcare environment with application of PDCA preferred
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.