Trade Marks Assistant
At FB Rice we are known for the quality of our work and our great workplace culture. We make this a priority and pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to a diverse range of national and international clients. We offer a range of excellent employee benefits as well as opportunities for flexible working arrangements.
Recognised as Australia’s intellectual property market leader by various national and international awards, we are a national intellectual property firm with an international practice. With offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney we pride ourselves on having a local touch with global reach. We recruit the best people, ensuring that excellence is achieved by having technical experts with great communication skills.
There is now an opportunity to join our Melbourne team as a Trade Marks Assistant on a full-time basis.
You role will involve:
- Working closely with trade mark attorneys and partners to assist them in coordinating their busy and deadline-driven workload
- Managing the Melbourne trade marks group’s administration, including formalities correspondence, data entry, generating and dispatching correspondence, managing workflow from trade mark attorneys and assistants
- Managing workflow from other areas of the firm including names, renewals, accounts and IT
- Filing Australian, New Zealand and international trade mark applications and associated formalities
- Searching and obtaining information from the Internet and/or databases as well as obtaining status reports from IP Australia, IPONZ and other IP office databases
- Managing and monitoring in-house databases
- Client portfolio management
- Keeping track of deadlines and issuing reminders
- Preparation of cost estimates for filing programs
- Preparation of correspondence and invoices to clients
- Managing group templates and precedents
- Demonstrable secretarial skills including typing and document creation
- Attention to detail and an ability to prioritise and multitask
- Minimum of three (3) years corporate experience, preferably in an intellectual property or legal environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (particularly Word and Outlook) and typing speed of (60+ wpm, 98% accuracy)
- Experience using databases (especially Inprotech), preferably in an intellectual property or legal environment
- Knowledge of the trade marks/patents industry a distinct advantage
- Confidence, flexibility, enthusiasm, 'can do' attitude and the ability to use your own initiative
Your friendliness, flexibility and the ability to use your own initiative will enable you to work with a great team.
We will provide comprehensive training to the successful candidate as well as ongoing support, encouragement and an opportunity to grow and expand your career.
All expressions of interest are strictly confidential.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply directly to FB Rice by submitting applications through seek.com.au.
Applications close 2 September 2020
To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and be fluent in English.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) by clicking "Apply Now".
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.