TRANSPORTATION FREIGHT AGENT
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Negotiate freight rates for Swift's Logistics Division (3PL & Brokerage); build and optimize the use of carrier partner relationships, alliance partnerships and other relations and respond to Swift's capacity requirements and network. Provide recommendations on when to adjust rates on lanes based on changes in the market. Consistently deliver on strategic growth initiatives.
- Deliver against growth and profitability targets.
- Analyze the freight market to maximize profit and negotiating power at each transaction.
- Analyze freight carriers and lanes based on but not limited to the following; capacity and utilization, insurance, price, safety, and service.
- Negotiate rates and terms with carrier partners and customers.
- Communicate market changes and carrier opportunities to Leadership and other involved stakeholders.
- Manage entire process starting with the buy from the outside carrier thru the pick-up and delivery for the customer.
- Manage the interface between the customers' transportation personnel and head office.
- Properly integrate customer transportation strategies of those which are considered within the formulation of Swift strategies.
- Maintain focus on Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership, including but not limited to travel when applicable.
- Skills: Must be results oriented. Must possess entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to solicit new customers and meet specific revenue targets. Must possess a strong sense of urgency and purpose, with a bias for action. Must be familiar with and knowledgeable of TMS and brokerage systems. Must be self-confident and a self-starter without the need of close supervision. Must be able to operate in a busy, demanding environment. Must be able to understand and enforce company policies. Must be knowledgeable of AS400 and MS Office Suite tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must possess excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to communicate well with others and transfer knowledge. Must possess quantitative and qualitative analysis skills with superior problem solving ability.
- Education: Bachelors' in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience Required: Minimum of two (2) years of previous brokerage-related/transportation experience or two (2) years experience with sales, inside sales call center or customer service experience, required. Basic knowledge of transportation and 3PL, required.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.