Transportation Lane Specialist - Houston, TX
Responsible for getting product delivered to final customer. Ensure visibility and delivery/return of products within the supply chain. Partners with and manages Fulfillment & Logistics providers in getting products to and from customers including cost, velocity and quality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute product transition plans to effectively migrate through the product life cycle without customer delivery interruptions or excess material supply.
- Develop and implement plans to support forecasted needs commodities.
- Effectively prepare the Operations teams in developing capacity and supply plans that meet the prescribed demand as well as providing insight for contingency planning.
- Analyze the demand and supply position of platforms and commodities to optimize product availability and cost.
- Provide recommendations to best utilize the available supply and mitigate impact on demand changes.
- Implement optimal commodity management strategies.
- Accountable for the backlog and capacity management of the fulfillment locations.
- Manage exceptions including expedites, order prioritization and delivery escalation.
- Implement and execute process change.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
- Assist operations, shipping and receiving as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Minimum three to four years related experience.
- Minimum three years industry experience preferred.
Certifications and Licenses
- Professional certification may be required in some areas.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.
- Computer literate
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Basic understanding of business financial principles including P & L's, budgets, payroll, financial reporting and expense control.
- Ability to allocate work assignments and/or tasks responsibilities to others to maximize the organization's and the individual's effectiveness.
- Ability to make customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Ability to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance.
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Ability to model the organization's vision and values and lead others.
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Effectively participates in and /or supervises department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.