Tumor Registrar-Remote Option
Catholic Health Services of Long Island
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
- Performs patient case-finding, accessions, abstracts, codes data and registers cancer patients in the cancer Registry database
- Ensures all database documentation is complete and accurate and obtained in a timely mannerComplies various statistical reports and performs other registrar duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the unit
- Participates in and attends relevant meetings seminars, conference , lectures and programs
- Disseminates and obtains data in accordance with HIPPA regulations and professional ethics
- Performs related duties, as required
- This position offers remote/working from home option
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. AAS, preferred
- Certification as a Tumor Registrar, required
- Prior hospital cancer registry experience, preferred
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.