TV Buying (Contractor) (REMOTE)
Dollar Shave Club
COVID19 Hiring Notice: Dollar Shave Club has transitioned to a temporary work from home model and we are continuing to recruit by interviewing digitally through video. The following role is expected to begin as a "WFH" position while we adjust to the new normal. We recognize that each persons situation is different and we will do our best to accommodate interim and long-term work location arrangements. If we advance in the process and you're selected to interview, be sure to discuss your preferred option with a recruiter. Thank you.
We're on a mission to help guys take care of their minds and bodies so they can be their best selves. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we've expanded into a variety of products including skincare, hair styling, oral care, colognes, deodorants, and more. We're always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you're a team-playing innovator, you'll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
DSC is running TV in-house moving forward and will need someone who has knowledge (and is excited) about the evolving landscape and linear TV's changing role within it. The TV Buyer will drive and lead all negotiation with TV partners, collaborating closely with the mass media team to evaluate these partners and ensure we're receiving quality inventory at efficient rates. We're looking for someone who is willing to hit the ground running and has deep relationships with the networks and holding companies directly.
Buying and Vendor Evaluation
- Partner with the mass media team to bring the right linear TV partners and POVs/first-to-market opportunities to the table based on briefs and insights
- Build, grow, and nurture all relationships across all linear TV networks and holding companies (i.e. Disney) for direct linear buys
- Lead all negotiations across all direct linear TV buys, ensuring we're receiving best in class rates and quality inventory
- Continually educate the internal team on the changing TV landscape (new shows, rating shifts, etc.)
- Ability to work across a variety of TV types (DR, Scatter, Upfront, National, Local, Co-Op/Trade, Barter, Live) and evaluate what is the right fit based on the opportunity
- Analyze sponsorship and partnership opportunities that may have a TV-first lens or elements of TV
- Ensure delivery of buys and any make goods, R/F/GRP metrics, ADUs are tracked properly
- Manage all schedules, post buy analysis based on key KPIs, and post log delivery via an ongoing feedback loop
- Collaborate with the mass media team on spot attribution solutions as needed
- Monitor and inform DSC of any negative sentiment that could impact the linear TV buy and react quickly with a predetermined plan
- Work with internal creative team/TV networks/external trafficking partners on key deadlines, campaign development, and creative best practices
- Drive discussions around creative clearance and what's needed based on different concepts and executions
- Partner with internal creative team on talent management and spot counts
- Collaborate with external trafficking partners to upload assets in a timely manner and create/manage all ISCI codes
- Career experience: 5+ years of TV buying experience at an agency or network
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite/pivot tables/Tableau
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiation abilities
- Ability to navigate MMM, key analytics vendor, and trafficking vendor systems
- Experience across multiple TV forms, with DRTV, Upfront, and Scatter TV as musts
- Experience with different TV buying systems and planning R/F tools
- Experience with interpreting post-logs and building TV process
- Experience with spot attribution tools
- Passionate pundit of content trends
- Expertise in national linear TV and strong understanding and vision of landscape changes (especially the role of TV vs. OTT/CTV)
- Proven relationships and clout with all major TV networks and holding companies
- Experience negotiating high profile moments and larger integrations/sponsorship opportunities
- Experience with using TV for both brand goals and performance goals
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: **************@dollarshaveclub.com
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Dollar Shave Club will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club
Privacy Notice for California job applicants
Apply for this position
TV Buying (Contractor) Marketing Marina Del Rey, California
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.