Ultrasonographer - Breast Care
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003544
We are looking for an experienced sonographer primarily for our breast care patients.
Provides diagnostic studies, treatment and support to patients by performing specific diagnostic tests as ordered by providers. Has full knowledge of the indications, contraindications and hazards associated with procedures and services provided. Ensure accuracy of tests results, reports, and maintains equipment in good working order.
- Explain procedure to patient and assist in preparing for exam (i.e. positioning, getting onto table).
- Follow patient protocols defined by department providers and outlined in department to provide consistent and high quality patient care.
- Provide reassurance and support to patient throughout procedure.
- Ensure understanding of discharge instructions before patient leaves care area.
- Identify patient concerns and potential risks in a timely manner.
- Ensure test quality and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Communicate scheduling changes, patient concerns, and/or equipment repair needs.
- Report all test results in unacceptable ranges to appropriate provider immediately.
- Work with Radiology Patient Services Representatives to assure accuracy of appointment type and billing information.
- Work with Radiologists regarding call reports.
- Document relevant information about patients on sonoreports for radiologists. Ensure entries are objective, factual, time specific, accurate.
- Present examination to radiologist for interpretation and dictation same day as test performed.
- Maintain system to ensure all tests are read and interpreted in a timely manner.
- Perform daily quality check of sterilization solution and log results.
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment according to vendor recommendations and Clinic procedures.
- Maintain a complete inventory of supplies and equipment, inform when supplies need to be ordered.
- Clean exam rooms and change linens to ensure cleanliness of exam areas.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technically proficient in basic understanding of equipment function and is able to trouble shoot.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to consistently demonstrate essential clinical competencies for this role and license/certification.
- Ability to interact effectively with patients and physicians in pressure situations while maintaining tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as a team member.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow independently.
- Ability to direct others in urgent and emergency situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an ARDMS accredited school of ultrasound strongly preferred.
- ARDMS registered, or must be RDMS eligible and registry acquired within twelve months of hire date and maintained during employment.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification required.
- Prefer those with at least one year experience in ultrasound.
- Previous experience in an outpatient medical setting or hospital preferred.
- Previous experience with electronic medical record preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.