Undergraduate/Graduate Internship ProgramNew
Justice & Sustainability Associates LLC
JSA is an organization that is committed to designing and implementing stakeholder agenda setting and deliberate decision-making processes for large and small stakeholder groups.
Our niche focuses on using alternative dispute and conflict resolution techniques (fact-finding, facilitation, mediation, negotiation, consensus building, etc.) in public policy, civic engagement, and organizational development processes. Our efforts are mostly related to achieving sustainable community development, environmental justice, and smart growth, as well as other pertinent community and environmental issues. Utilizing dispute resolution techniques, JSA has developed and actively promotes transparency, openness, and participation by all sectors of the public regardless of race, ethnicity, age, location, or literacy level.
JSA is offering internships for students interested in pursuing a career in public policy, civic engagement, community development or a similar field. Interns must have a demonstrated interest in gaining hands-on experience working with an organization committed to sustainability.
The roles associated with this “paid” internship are Project Coordinator and/or Project Associates. The selected candidate should be willing to commit at least 20 work hours between the months of September and December.
Through our Internship Program, Interns:
• Gain substantial professional experience and exposure into the organizational development processes related to achieving sustainable community development utilizing alternative dispute and conflict resolution techniques.
• Develop a comprehensive perspective on the JSA mission and service delivery at the local, national and international levels.
• Receive networking, personal, and professional development opportunities, including opportunities to meet with JSA senior leadership. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the intern’s field of interest and individual skills, but interns will be able to choose to focus on administration, policy/research, and activism. We take our internship program very seriously and give interns meaningful projects that directly further our mission.Eligibility
The successful applicant will be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited US college or university. Students from all majors will be considered for the internship positions, however recent graduates are also eligible.
The ideal candidate MUST be able to effectively demonstrate orally and in writing the following:
- Commitment to JSA's vision, mission and guiding principles;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong technical/computer skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Some knowledge of conflict resolution, land use, disputes, transportation infrastructure, environmental analysis, or urban planning.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.