Union Fleet Mechanic
Union Fleet Mechanic EMPLOYEE TYPE Employee
REQUISITION PRIMARY LOCATION
Waste Connections in Vancouver, Washington has an immediate position open for a Journeyman Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks. Individuals with 3+ years experience working on heavy diesel trucks or those that have completed a Diesel Technology program are encouraged to apply. Must be able to provide your own tools.
HOURS WILL BE MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10:30PM TO 7:00AM WITH OCCASIONAL OVERTIME . Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus !
What we offer to you:
* Paid Time Off
* Pension Plan
* Union Benefits
* Uniforms/Safety Gear
* Yearly Boot Allowance
* Monthly Tool Allowance
* Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
* Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
* Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
* Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
* Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
* Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
* Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
* Performs maintenance related work as required.
* Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
* Performs required safety protocols while working on vehicles.
* Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
* Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
* Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Minimum of 3+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
* Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred , OR THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE IN THE FUTURE.
* Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus !
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.