UX Designer (Artificial Intelligence Platforms)
Government Technology Agency of Singapore
Join us as we support Singapores vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Who we are
GovTech's Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) division uses technology and data to help deliver high-quality digital services to citizens and businesses in Singapore. We build software products for government agencies to better understand and use their data to improve operations and decision making.
What the role is
As a UX designer, your job is to make a concrete vision of what a good product looks like. This encompasses understanding users needs and the problems they face, creating intuitive user flows through your application, and polishing detailed aesthetics and understanding how they make users feel.
Concretely this means:
- Consult with stakeholders to understand their goals and propose a user-centric approach to improve digital services
- Design innovative web experiences based on the understanding of personas, their behavior and needs
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes, or other methods as needed
- Drive user research activities such as usability testing, A/B testing, stakeholder interviews, surveys, and translate research findings into actionable recommendations
- Oversee and sustain the design system as well as guide all aspects of UX including: design research, design strategy, user experience, usability testing, interaction/content design and prototyping.
- Establish guidelines to ensure high quality and evidence-based design and delivery, including reviewing compliance to defined standards
- Work closely with product team to ensure all design work meets user needs and business requirements
- Create a design-minded environment and build design capabilities amongst project team members
What it is like working here
We build products that serve a variety of agency users, who use them to solve highly meaningful problems pertinent to our society, from transportation, to education, to healthcare. The public sector is full of opportunities where even the simplest software can have a big impact on peoples lives. We are here to improve how we live as a society through what we can offer as a government.
- Rapid Prototyping - Instead of spending too much time debating ideas we prefer testing them. This identifies potential problems quickly, and more importantly, conveys what is possible to others easily.
- Reliable Productization - To scale an idea, a prototype or a Minimum Viable Product to a software product, we scrutinize and commit to its usability, reliability, scalability and maintainability.
- Ownership - In addition to technical responsibilities, this means having ideas on how things should be done and taking responsibility for seeing them through. Building something that you believe in is the best way to build something good.
- Continuous Learning - Working on new ideas often means not fully understanding what you are working on. Taking time to learn new architectures, frameworks, technologies, and even languages is not just encouraged but essential.
What we are looking for
We look for people who:
- Passionate about user-centered design
- Have a demonstrated ability to web design and development, with a portfolio that demonstrates your experience creating great user-centric design solutions
- Have a great visual design sense and an eye for detail
- Possess meticulous attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Proficient with design tools and software e.g. Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Communicate well with users, product managers, data scientists and engineers
- Take the initiative to make things happen
- Want to work for the public good
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.