Venture Capital - Investor Relations
Venture Capital - Investor Relations
● Investor Relations Representative & Dealer Representative
● Vancouver or Toronto
FrontFundr is Canada’s leading online investment platform, operating as an online Exempt Market Dealer across the country with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. We provide access to venture capital investment opportunities in private companies and offer companies an online channel to efficiently raise capital from investors across Canada. We are sector agnostic and have raised Seed to Series A rounds with notable companies such as The Very Good Food Company (CSE: VERY), RE Royalties (TSX-V: RE.V), and Red Mountain Resort. These types of investment opportunities are usually reserved for high net worth individuals and industry professionals, however we are challenging the norm by using prospectus exemptions to provide venture capital investment opportunities to all Canadians. Come join an exciting and growing fintech segment of the Venture Capital industry!
Investor & Dealer Representative
We are looking to hire an innovative, personable, and proactive candidate to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to join Canada’s leading online investment platform, where you will get unparalleled exposure to our investors and deals, and significant responsibility from the get-go.
The investor relations side of our business is key to our growth and prosperous future. A great candidate would recognize that going above and beyond to provide investors comfort and confidence to explore a new and fairly complex side of investing is crucial for our company to continuously meet growth milestones.
The firm’s motivation is backed by the value we provide to both our investors and the companies we work with. Beyond the ability to continuously go above and beyond for our growing investor base, we need someone who is truly passionate about VC and comfortable with changing the VC landscape at a progressive Fintech firm. Responsible for all investors from end-to-end, we are also looking for someone who's reliable, organized and has the intelligence and motivation to learn complex securities rules and deal structures.
● Responding to questions from investors on using the FrontFundr platform, the private markets in general and specific investment opportunities. This will include:
o Becoming an expert on FrontFundr’s platform, processes and responsibilities;
o Becoming an expert in the Private Markets;
o Managing the online chat feature and support email inbox; and
o Answering the office phone and managing the call management system.
● Processing investments. This will include:
o You will need to take the Exempt Market Products course (online through IFSE) to gain the necessary qualifications to be registered as a Dealer Representative;
o Reviewing investor profiles and conducting suitability assessments on proposed investments that are not processed through our automated suitability algorithm;
o Calling investors to clarify information, if necessary, to gain a clear picture of an investor’s profile and conduct the suitability assessment; and
o Calling investors to discuss investments that are deemed unsuitable and ensure they understand the risks.
● Continuously look for ways to improve the value we provide to investors. This will include:
o Gaining a strong understanding of what investors want and need through speaking with investors and collecting feedback - We want to be seen as the expert for investors to turn to for information on investing in the private capital markets;
o Proactively reaching out to investors to discuss new opportunities;
o Working with the Director of Operations, Marketing Manager and Development Team to improve the UX of the Investment Process; and
o Creating content for investors and maintaining the investor FAQ page.
Key Skills and Characteristics:
● Team player who's also comfortable working independently and handling ambiguity;
● Passionate about VC for the right reasons; you know that being a member of a VC team is a lot more about hard work, follow through and constantly learning;
● Someone who challenges the status quo: we are actually reinventing the investing wheel;
● Strong written and verbal communication skills: you will be speaking with both sophisticated and unsophisticated investors. Concise, clear, and value-added communications is key for our entire investor base;
● Customer-focused and willing to go above and beyond to provide an exceptional experience for investors. No sending investors on a wild goose chase to find an answer;
● Motivated to work on and prioritize multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment. We are a start-up, not a clock in and out job; and
● Strong initiative, ownership, organization, and attention to detail.
Additional Skills and Assets, but Not Required:
● Knowledge of the financial industry and start-up ecosystem;
● Completion of the Canadian Securities Course;
● Personal investment experience;
● Bilingual (French and English);
● 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in VC or finance;
● Strong and established network in the startup/entrepreneurial and VC ecosystem;
● Experience at a tech-startup;
● Degree from a top-ranked institution; and
● Experience working in fast-paced, high-pressure work environments.
● Bachelor of Commerce or related study.
● Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
● Please submit your resume and cover letter or short video to ****@frontfundr.com with your name and ‘Venture Capital: Investor Relations’ in the subject line. In the cover letter or video please explain what drives you and how it relates to this position.
● Application deadline: July 28th, 2020
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.