Vice President Manufacturing, Supply Chain Engineering
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one
mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As
our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, "you shouldn't have to ask permission
to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself."
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we're growing at a rapid pace.
We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data
driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get
the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Vice President Manufacturing,
Supply Chain & Engineering will provide functional leadership for supply chain
strategy, warehousing/logistics, direct procurement, manufacturing / new
product introduction, trade compliance, site safety, quality and employee
engagement. Collaborating with key stakeholders both inside and outside of the
organization in driving SimpliSafe's best in class supply chain agenda. We are
looking for a strategic thought leader who will optimize and build us to scale
to a $1BB global company and beyond. This is an opportunity to elevate and
optimize the function and drive strategic change.
* Accountable for the SimpliSafe supply chain strategy, operations, and
outcomes, including planning, direct procurement, manufacturing, safety,
quality, warehousing/fulfillment, logistics, and returns.
* Establish a multi-years SimpliSafe Supply Chain strategy and roadmap that
enables SimpliSafe to achieve its three year vision.
* Own the relationship, sourcing, spend, and margins with contract
manufacturers, joint design manufacturers, and all logistics providers,
including third parties.
* Ensure the supply chain is secure and able to withstand geopolitical
issues and commodity constraints.
* Establish a new production system to ensure consistent new product
introductions and to consistently meet quality expectations and customer
* Lead, manage and improve the Sales and Operations Planning process
* Develop and improve all new product development and introduction
processes at the Joint Design Manufacturers (JDM).
* Manage cost, delivery and quality for all new product introduction and
existing products at SimpliSafe.
* Guide the manufacturing operations leaders and manufacturing development
engineering in NPD/NPI engagements from program kickoff to production and
ensure a timely and successful program launch.
o Create and maintain scalable assembly, test, fulfillment,
postponement, and repair/refurbishment processes for all SimpliSafe
o Establish the manufacturing voice of the product team, leading the
manufacturing efforts of a global team consisting of product and
manufacturing quality engineering, process development and
engineering, test development and engineering, commodity and custom
part sourcing, EMS/CM sourcing, and product engineering to achieve
the cost, quality, and delivery goals of new SimpliSafe products
o Responsible for new product introduction quality, manufacturing
quality, and field quality as well as continuous improvement to
drive quality throughout the organization.
* Work closely with engineering to develop and implement BOM cost down
strategies through negotiation, design change, and second sources.
* Provide quality requirements for new products and continuously improve
quality of existing products. Develop end-to-end quality metrics to track
field quality and provide visibility to changes required to improve
overall end-to-end quality
* Develop and implement refurbishment and repair processes.
* Accountable for the strategy, execution, and outcomes of SimpliSafe's
warehousing and logistics , ensuring delivery of all orders to e-commerce
customers, retailers, and other partners.
* Develop and execute key initiatives and procedures that have an impact in
improving key performance indicators such as on-time delivery to
customers, reduced inventory and transportation costs, and reduced CPU
from labor and overhead.
* Drive high quality results through continuous improvement by leading,
inspiring, and motivating colleagues to deliver exceptional service
outcomes (quantitative and qualitative) to internal and external
* Provide leadership to the team and invest in coaching, developing,
training and guiding team members in their succession paths.
* Deliver well-structured and impactful business reports and presentations
to senior and executive leadership internally and customer leadership/
* Develop, implement and manage annual budget, business plan, goals and
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Advanced degree preferred
* 10+ years broad based leadership experience in supply chain strategy,
warehousing/logistics, direct procurement, manufacturing / new product
introduction, trade compliance, site safety, quality and employee
engagement within a consumer electronics product driven company
* Proven ability to transform and scale an organization
* Experience leading the integration of WMS / TMS systems with 3PL
* Deep understanding of the direct-to-customer and retail space
* Proven ability to effectively leverage and partner with JDM's, CM's and 3
* Demonstrated passion for the voice of the customer
* Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
* Proven ability to define and execute strategy
* No ego approach to solving problems, building and leading teams and
* Proven ability to build world-class teams and effectively manage talent
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.