Vice President of Logistics
The VP of Logistics for SPARC will provide leadership and operational oversight for both the Aeropostale and Nautica Logistics Operations. The VP of Logistics is responsible for the overall operation of the logistics network with a main focus on driving efficiencies in cost and service levels. This individual must be experienced in managing multi location distribution networks and transportation operations. The individual will be tasked with integrating retail, wholesale and e-commerce operations together to create synergies in processes and costs. The individual will work with key cross-functional partners throughout the organization to coordinate the execution of receipts and shipments to 600 stores, several wholesale clients and e-commerce customers. This critical role will play an essential role in developing a strategy for the material handling and system requirements to support a growing network. Brings a solid track record of building and managing successful teams.
• Responsible for directing multiple, highly automated distribution centers in the US.
• Responsible for managing and cultivating strong partnership with on-site, third-party logistics providers to ensure performance levels and key metrics are achieved.
• Evaluate key performance measures to improve the productively, timeliness and accuracy of deliveries to stores.
• Lead continuous process improvement and optimization efforts of distribution centers, transportation networks and systems.
• Be able to evolve the logistics functions with a rapidly growing business by improving the distribution network company-wide from a cost and process perspective.
• Provide strong leadership to guide and develop logistics team, in order to build a strong management bench, through effective coaching, mentoring, training and performance feedback.
• Responsible for the financial management of the logistics and transportation budget with specific P&L responsibilities.
• Ensure compliance with all company and facility policies and procedures.
• 15+ years experience of management experience in the logistics and transportation industry with a high-visibility track record of accomplishments.
• Proven experience in managing multiple, highly automated distribution centers.
• Previous experience working with third party logistic providers is highly preferred.
• Previous experience in negotiating transportation rates, service level agreements and contracts are required.
• Possess strong technical and solid business analysis skills; in depth knowledge of current technologies and concepts and its application in the distribution process.
• Strong background in utilization of a Warehouse Management System.
• Strong leadership, talent development and team building skills are necessary.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills.
• Proven ability to define, analyze and develop methods to optimize the receiving, order selection and shipping functions.
• Ability to manage a full operating budget, utilizing strong budgeting and cost containment skills, for distribution and transportation functions.
• Flexible team player with ability to manage operational and organizational change.
• Background or working knowledge of the construction, warehouse or purchasing fields is a plus.
• Bachelors degree in Business or Supply Chain Management is required.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel), Outlook
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.