VP / AVP, Fund Accounting, UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank
Posting Date: 01-Aug-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
This role resides in the Fund Accounting and Custody team and the team is responsible for ensuring key processes and controls are established and duly followed. The successful candidate will have to work closely with service providers and monitor the service providers' daily deliverables.
UOBAM Operations is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its team. The successful candidate will work in partnership with the Front Office, Portfolio Managers and Service Providers to enable the organization to competitively seize new revenue opportunities in a disciplined and controlled manner that protects and enhances the organization operation's capability and reputation.
- Review reports from service providers and approve the daily NAV and Rate of Returns
- Analyze the daily stale price report from service providers to ensure accuracy and prepare monthly stale price report to management for review
- Evaluate pending trades reports and work with relevant parties such as custodian and broker to ensure timely settlement of trades
- Work with both service providers and internal colleagues on cash projection reports
- Calculate fee expenses and prepare the allocation to be made to respective clients' accounts or funds
- Prepare information and data e.g. expense ratio based on IMAS' Guidelines for new fund launches and/or lodgment of existing funds; including the review of prospectus, operating memorandum and facilitate in account opening
- Liaise with relevant parties including managers, trustee, and auditors on preparing the semi-annual and annual financial statements. Proof-read the financial statements to ensure accuracy
- Draft and update SOPs regularly. Complete all daily processes are perform sign-off of checklist
- Investigate on any discrepancies and reconciling items and pro-actively review on cash breaks and work with relevant parties to close the items
- Execute non-trade instructions e.g. cash withdrawals and injections on automated tool 'Instruct' in sending workflow instructions to service provider
- Handle transfer agency account opening, trade processing and delivery of the contract notes and statements
- Review fees computations and make payment arrangements
- Provide support to digital business and initiatives
- A recognized university degree in Accounting, Business, or Banking
- At least 7 years' of experience in the asset management or securities services industry
- Have a good understanding of the regulatory requirements e.g. CIS, TRM, ORM and current accounting policies and standards (including RAP 7) and banking regulations
- knowledge in trustee, custody, valuation, and/or transfer agency functions
- A good understanding in valuing of financial instruments and financial reporting
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and basic programming such as Visual Basic, R, or Python
- Proactive positive attitude
- Ability to be effective in an unstructured dynamic environment
- Willingness to multi task and be involved in project work
- Flexibility in dealing with all levels in the organization
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.