VP Chemicals Segment
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
The role reports to the GPG Manager Chemicals & Refining and is located in Houston, Texas. As a Vice President (VP) Chemicals Segment, you will be responsible in leading and developing segment-specific strategy for the Base Chemicals and Refining segment to generate revenues for ABB systems and products, meeting short-term and long-term Business Line Energy Industries (IAEN) growth targets. Drives collaboration and support of Hubs, GAMs and SAMs in targeting and developing pursuits into profitable projects and ensuring the positioning of ABB as a strategic partner in the MAC/MEC solution space and full ABB portfolio in the identified market segment.Your responsibilities
- Strategy and Market Analysis: Develop and facilitate deployment of the 3 to 5-year strategic segment marketing, sales, business development and product portfolio/solutions plan, in alignment with BL and PG strategy. Lead and serve as segment SME in market intelligence, trends, competition, positioning and channel partners and go-to market strategy. Identify gaps in portfolio and work with Technology, channel partners, and other ABB organizations/businesses, to fill gaps with competitive offerings/solutions.
- Marketing: Ensure ABB’s value proposition for the Petrochem segment is developed and well communicated (internally and externally). Support local Sales organizations to ensure
- they are positively perceived in the target segment. Actively participate to reinforce ABB’s visibility by strengthening external market segment communication in coordination with the Marketing Communication team and by participating in dedicated customer events and segment trade fairs and representing ABB in Thought Leadership opportunities related to the segment. Provide feedback to the Business Line/Product Groups on market developments and requirements.
- Execution and Targets: Define key targets (e.g. volume, prices, portfolio mix) and ensure these are achieved for the segment. Ensure business plans are in place and executed by Hub and PG resources with PG having full view of project/pursuit-related issues or challenges. Organize needed support at Hub and PG level for project/pursuit team to overcome and manage issues/challenges.
- Account Management and Customer Relations: Engage and build network with the OGC major accounts to map market requirements and opportunities for the Petrochem segment coordinating with Business Line and Hub Sales teams and other relevant teams - GAMs/SAMs/OEMs/EPCs and Licensors. Build and maintain strong customer relations impacting all key stakeholder levels.
- Sales Support: Manage, track and report an up-to-date assessment/view of all major projects/pursuits in the segment. Support project/pursuit teams in their efforts to win and execute projects in segments with customer relationship support, segment intelligence/knowledge, channel partner linkages, solutions/portfolio guidance, operations support. Support Capture Team leads on select, complex projects/initiatives.
- People Leadership and Development: Guides, motivates and develops people competencies and behavior of connected internal and external teams in accordance with ABB Value Pairs.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering and minimum 12 years of experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Chemical & Refining technology and industry knowledge – experience in automation and digitalization a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering sales results.
- Problem-solving skills on cooperating with a broad range of stakeholders and delivering complex projects.
- Strong self-initiative with Entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Professional career and maturity equivalent to ABB Vice President level.
- Global mind-set and ability to work across globally networked matrix of business units with collaboration and trust.
- Flexibility to travel internationally (50 – 80%).
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.