VP Clinical Operations Holmes Regional Administration
To be fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship, as the VP Operations, accountable to the Holmes Regional Medical Center COO for the administration, direction, coordination, management and leadership of clinical support services. The VP Operations is responsible for organizing, planning, controlling, and coordinating resources to provide quality patient care in a cost-effective manner in accordance with the Health First mission. VP Operations will lead clinical and non-clinical on-site Operations. Engagement:
- Maintains a positive, open and effective relationship with the Executive Team, Hospital Medical Staff, Hospital Management, other Health First Management Teams, and all levels of personnel through open communication, utilizing effective written and verbal skills.
- Supports a strong management and administrative leadership culture within the organization through the administration of an effective management structure that delineates the responsibilities and accountabilities of management and functions of each department.
- Works with Hospital COO and Hospital CEO in involving the Medical Staff in the hospital's planning process.
- Works with corporate entities, other Health First hospitals and organizations, departments, and management to ensure the optimal provision of support services such as information technology, human resources, finance, legal services, and any other services that are critical to the efficient and effective operation of the hospital. Identify opportunities to create efficiencies through shared services and coordinated efforts. Partner with appropriate departments to create success.
- Assists the Hospital COO and Hospital CEO in determining priorities as necessary to meet the changing demands of the hospital through effective participation in planning, implementation and evaluation of hospital goals and objectives. Establishes responsibility and strategic direction for hospital departments.
- Organizes, evaluates and changes departmental activities to achieve the mission and goals of the hospital by assigning work, and by defining and delegating responsibility and authority to subordinates in a manner consistent with their potential and capabilities.
- Assists and oversees in formulating, interpreting, and implementing policies for the hospital site. Quality/No Harm:
- Involved in and supportive of any and all regulatory, certification and licensure activities.
- Analyzes patient safety indicators and measures, and reports variances to the Hospital COO, Hospital CEO, Health First Medical Staff, and appropriate committees. Develops measures to correct deficiencies in a timely manner, effectively communicating across Health First to collaborate in problem resolutions as well as replication of successes.
- Creates a safe work culture and establishes an effective safety program to include effective Executive Patient Safety Rounds.
- Provides leadership in emergency preparedness at the hospital by assuring current policies and procedures are in place and revised as needed.
- Administers quality of service through consistent development, design, interpretation, implementation, and evaluation of the facility policies and procedures necessary to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness resulting in improved patient care services.
- Provides leadership in the administration of risk management and performance improvement programs for the facility that ensures the delivery of quality patient care and meets regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes quality indicators, and measures and reports variances to the Hospital COO, Hospital CEO, Medical Staff, and appropriate committees; developing measures to correct such deficiencies.
- Assures the establishment of various educational programs for continuing education of medical staff, professional staff, management, associates, and volunteers. Defines educational needs and supports development activities.
- Establishes and maintains positive, effective communication and interpersonal relationships with associates, department managers and Medical Staff department/committee chairperson.
- Directs departmental preparation for licensure and accreditation reviews, and ensures standards are met.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission, the State of Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services regulations and laws, local fire and health department regulations, governing body, and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations.
- Evaluates methodologies, systems and programs of the hospital, and implements necessary changes to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness that will result in improved patient care services.
- With the VP of Nursing and VP of Medical Affairs assesses delivery of care and patient outcomes through rounds, committees, quality assessment/quality improvement (QA/QI) activities, and community and physician surveys, as appropriate. Promotes, plans and implements multidisciplinary collaboration to ensure a coordinated approach to health care.
- With assistance of the Health First Quality department develops and directs organizational quality assurance and quality improvement plans. Customer Experience:
- Monitors associate satisfaction. Ensures that measures are designed to increase associate involvement and satisfaction through initiatives that ensure staff are respected, valued, and recognized. Monitors patient complaints and measures of customer satisfaction. Ensures that measures are designed to increase satisfaction.
- Fosters a working relationship and seeks public understanding and support for the hospital by serving as spokesperson to other health care agencies, community agencies, organizations, city government, businesses and advisory committees. Cooperates with other health, hospital and social agencies in an effort to evaluate and improve health services in the community.
- Serves as an organizational representative at external functions and on community Boards, advisory panels and/or committees of various health-related organizations/agencies as appropriate.
- Maintains a participative management environment supportive of developing and optimizing human potential in order to meet organizational goals/objectives and quality, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, operational effectiveness, and fiscal responsibility. Stewardship:
- Assists the Hospital COO and Hospital CEO with the development and implementation of an annual strategic plan with goals and objectives for the hospital site.
- Annually, recommends an operating budget incorporating the goals and objectives of the organization and responsible departments. Recommends a capital budget that provides for the maintenance of the physical plant, emerging medical technology, and capital replacement in concert with other Health First facilities. Recommends action to the Hospital COO regarding capital acquisition, equipment, modifications, construction needs, and coordination of departmental purchasing.
- Participates in the development of competitive strategies that may include the addition, deletion, or enhancement of services, and diversification strategies for the hospital site and Health First.
- Conducts needs assessments in support of organizational and program planning activities.
- Evaluates the financial performance of the organization and implements measures to ensure optimal performance.
- Directs and provides leadership to departmental managers in developing objectives, FTE budgets, operating expense budgets, and capital budgets in a fiscally responsible manner. Monitors variances regularly and develops action plans as indicated.
- Directs and supports efforts to achieve and revise staffing standards.
Masters in Health, Business Administration or related area required
- Minimum of 5-10 years' management and administrative experience within a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to continually assess the environment and prioritize accordingly History of effective relationships with physicians
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Participation in professional and civic organizations and community activities
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.