VP Dental Procedures
As lead of the Dental Procedure organization, this person will lead team of 1-2 directly and 10 cross-functionally all with shared objective to create a comprehensive overview of critical procedures including, clear aligners, restorative procedures, implants, and endodontic procedures. This role will be based out of Charlotte, NC. It will be the responsibility of the DPLTs to deliver the following:
- A clear procedure map from diagnosis to completion of treatment
- A comprehensive economic analysis across the procedure and key participants
- An expected innovation road map and expected changes in the procedures
- Leads and executes the strategic positioning and all aspects of communication for global dental procedure review process, DPLT.
- Implements integrated internal and external communication and issue management strategies to drive a fast-growing, high-profile global R & D business, its pipeline assets and emerging products
- Executes integrated stakeholder activation strategies, deal communication and partner management
- Drives workforce engagement strategies to inspire and increase the productivity of the DPLT team across global sites plus partner functions.
- Aligns with the regional and local businesses (commercial), supply chain, other sectors, Investor Relations, Government Affairs & Policy and other functions; plays a strong leading role in ensuring alignment among the regional commercial communicators responsible for all critical dental procedures.
- Furthers internal visibility and reputation of DPLT across Company Sirona.
- Leverages strong external networks (advocacy, NGOs, institutional stakeholders, academia) to benefit the DPLT.
- Collaborates with the CTO and Product Group/R & D with ensuring effective coordination, consistent processes and standards across the team, thereby maximizing alignment, reputation and business value/output as well as the team's capabilities, people development and return on investment for the R & D business
- Drives meaningful business outcomes for DPLT and Company Sirona and sets appropriate direction based on deep understanding of the business, competitive environment and key financial levers
- Leads planning and execution of highly complex programs communicating the Company's stake and progress in DPLT through our assets, clinical milestones and speaking/interview activities at major dental meetings, scientific publications, scientist speaking engagements and other major activities
- Supports highly impactful, sensitive partnership, deal, DPLT/M & A, and other financial- and Investor Relations (IR)-related communication involving the DPLT
- Models and inspires integration of knowledge from internal and external networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and a broad understanding of the business, competitive and industry priorities to drive business and reputation outcomes, lead scientific positioning and issue management, and shape the environment for R & D's solutions
- Shapes team approach to identifying and applying key outcomes metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment
- Maintains deep understanding of current issues in the global environment affecting the dental business and brands
- Networks, builds and strengthens strategic relations on a global basis with crucial external stakeholders and influencers, including top-tier global, regional and trade media, key social media influencers, core third-party influencers and other relevant external constituents
- Ensures proactive global monitoring, analysis, prevention and management of DPLT related issues that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Leads and proactively coaches and develops a healthy, high-performing and highly engaged DPLT cross-functional team, promoting diversity, inclusion and ongoing personal development at all times
- Models and inspires a continuous improvement mindset to ensure self and the team stay on the leading edge of communications, change management, technology, social and other key trends
- Ability to travel (once travel restrictions are lifted)
- BS/BA; MBA preferred
- Minimum 12 years proven experience in R & D, Clinical Affairs, Strategic Marketing and/or other product development functions
- Current or past work experience in R & D in medical device, diagnostics or pharma preferred
- Proven track record of successful, independent public relations/communications, corporate communication, science communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements is required.
- Working knowledge of the financial disclosure process is preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of R & D processes and the global landscape and key issues for biopharmaceutical science and innovation is required.
- Broad understanding of competitive and industry priorities that drive business and social value is required.
- Deep understanding of traditional media, digital and social platforms and strong experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media is required.
- Experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects is required.
- Global experience required.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.