VP, Industry Banker (Metals / Mining), Group Wholesale Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
Your responsibilities include supporting the Head of Centre of Excellence (COE) in the respective sectors (Metals / Mining) for the implementation and execution of sector-specific initiatives and solutions, working seamlessly with the various Coverage Segments (Corporate Banking, MNC, Commercial Banking and Financial Institution Group -- "Segment Bankers") and Product Partners in job assigned country(ies).
- Prioritizing lead generation for the assigned Sector and Sub-Sectors;
- Preparing insight packs together with COE-Head and Business Intelligence team, and finalizing pitch books with Segments/Products;
- Supporting the COE Head, Segment Bankers, and Product Partners, for deepening of key strategic client relationships in the assigned countries and also for the acquisition of new-to-bank clients jointly with the Segment Bankers, by leading in the pitches to select clientele in the assigned country(ies);
- Gathering insights from Relationship Managers / Product Partners in markets for the needs of Business Intelligence Team and COE Head;
- Developing deep sectoral (or sub-sectoral) knowledge and expertise as may be directed by the COE Head, in line with the objective of building UOB's reputation as the "go-to" regional Bank for that specific Sector/Sub-Sector.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical subjects - Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Engineering, or any other concentration relevant to the assigned Sector/Sub-Sectors.
- 6 - 10 years' experience covering the Sector in a similar role, or in Corporate / Commercial Banking in Asia with focus in the metal / mining Sector;
- Good understanding of Corporate / Commercial banking products such as Cash and Trade, and Hedging Solutions; rotational experience or stints in such Product areas would be an advantage
- Industry-specific experience for the assigned Sector/Sub-Sector would be a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and proficient in Mandarin to handle Chinese-speaking market
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.