VP, IT Disaster Recovery, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
United Overseas Bank
Posting Date: 17-Jul-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Job scope involves working with various IT support teams and coordination with Business users during various DR exercises.
- To consolidate the DR planning and post documentations for compliance
- Assess DR operational readiness of application on board for DR.
- Escalate Risks for management attention on issues which affect the scope of DR, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure the DR readiness delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations
- Conduct DR readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Post exercise reviews
- Weekly Status reporting
- Negotiate, plan and manage all Pre-DR, actual DR and Post DR activities
- Facilitate regular pre-DR progress reviews and signoff. Continually work towards making improvement in the DR process
- Lead and co-ordinate the planning of all DR activities
- 8 - 12 years of IT experience preferably in financial industry with 5 - 7 years of hands on experience in BCM / IT Disaster Recovery Management
- Diploma/Degree in information technology or related discipline
- Experience in leading/ coordinating BCP/DR exercises
- Experience in project management role - to articulate, plan and execute projects will be an added advantage
- Able to work independently and able to handle situation under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.