Web Manager, Paris
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning
Type of contract:
Duration of contract:
One year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Deadline (midnight, Paris time):
27 July 2020
UNESCO Core Values:
- Commitment to the Organization
- Respect for diversity
Organizational setting and overview of the functions of the post
This position is located in the Information Services Unit of the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) in Paris and reports to the Information Services Team Leader.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and within the framework of IIEP-UNESCO Medium-Term Strategy, the incumbent leads and coordinates the development and management of IIEP digital projects and activities. The incumbent develops a strong and coherent public image across all platforms and ensures an efficient and accurate use of resource.Because of the very public and fast-moving nature of web platforms, the incumbent must exercise outstanding editorial skills and sound judgement to ensure that IIEP's reputation is preserved at all times. The incumbent will work in a collaborative team environment to achieve the following objectives: 1. Digital strategy
i. The incumbent is responsible for designing and implementing a cutting-edge and highly effective digital strategy with a view to raise IIEP public profile (visibility and impact) and build strong communities of concern. The incumbent leads and coordinates the development of all related activities building a coherent public image across digital platforms and ensuring efficient use of resources.
ii. The incumbent is responsible for identifying and contracting external providers (web agencies, graphic designers, etc.), liaising and following up with them and ensuring timely delivery.
2. Web development and management
The incumbent is in charge of ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning and management of IIEP web platforms, by establishing, maintaining and developing intuitive, user-friendly and technically efficient web pages.
3. SEO & monitoring
The incumbent develops the search engine optimization of IIEP main websites, providing users with advice and guidance in this regard. The incumbent sets clear indicators and provides accurate and detailed monthly/yearly monitoring and analysis of IIEP digital presence, with a view to inform results-based decision making.
4. Compatibility & accessibility
The Web manager carries out regular quality control and ensures conformity with internal/United Nations rules, in particular with regard to web compatibility and accessibility (incl. for people with disabilities). The incumbent anticipates and promptly troubleshoots any problem that can affect access to IIEP web platforms at all times.
5. CRM development and implementation
The incumbent supervises and ensures the smooth deployment and implementation of the CRM event management module across IIEP units and offices. The incumbent proposes improvements over time, based on IIEP needs.
6. Technology developments
The incumbent follows web technology trends and development closely, including through contributing to the organization of key events (e.g. hackathon, conferences) and/or securing IIEP participation in such events. The incumbent identifies best practices and proposes new solutions accordingly. The incumbent identifies and sustains partnerships with internal (United Nations) and external parties to strengthen the impact of IIEP digital strategy and support technology developments.
7. Capacity building
The Web manager provides specialized advice to content providers and website users, in order to enhance outreach, engagement and growth of IIEP digital platforms. The incumbent identifies and ensures training needs are met, including through the drafting of guidelines.
- Communication (C)
- Accountability (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Advanced University Degree (Master's or higher) in Information Technologies, Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in web project management, of which preferably one year acquired at international level.
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing complex web projects using web content management systems (including Drupal) and technologies.
- Experience in devising high-impact digital communications strategies, tools and approaches.
- Experience managing external service providers, including web agencies.
- Experience managing budget and using public resources efficiently.
Skills and competencies
- Good knowledge of web analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SOE).
- Excellent project management skills, including setting clear priorities, managing competing demands and ensuring coordination across diverse Units and Offices.
- Effectiveness in promoting organizational change and development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Innovation and ability to adapt to new technology inventions to enhance provision of services.
- Teamwork with ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Strong ability to work under pressure, manage a heavy and diversified workload effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and very good knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
How to apply
To apply, please go to the UNESCO's careers website. Evaluation of qualified applicants may include a written assessment exercise followed by a competency-based oral interview.
Benefits and entitlements
UNESCO's salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which, where applicable, include 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc. For more information on benefits and entitlements, please follow this link: ICSC booklet.
UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (l ast update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.