Workday Integration Developer (REMOTE)
GEICO is seeking a Workday Integration Developer to join our Workday Financial Integrations team. This position is an opportunity to build from the ground up and imprint on the future. The position includes design, development, testing and deployment of various types of integrations using Workday Studio, Core Connectors, Web Services and Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage system integrations within the architecture of the Workday Finance system
• Provide support for Workday inbound and outbound integration issues, changes to existing integrations and develop new integrations
• Provide support for incident management and integration monitoring
• Perform routine break/fix support and regression testing and support the inbound/outbound interfaces to the systems
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, clear documentation and problem resolution
• Analyze and translate business and functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications
• Ensure integrations function as designed based on functional and technical requirements
• Consult with business and technical teams about interface design and maintenance; collaborate on design decisions
• Design and develop interfaces and conduct unit and integration tests
• Understand and follow Data Governance and ensure attention to data quality
• Understand and follow defined integration/development standards and best practices
• Understand and ensure security and data privacy standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with designing and implementing ETL processes and the use of ETL tools
• Ability to work and coordinate with third parties on data related inquiries
• Experience with interface, networking, and data warehousing technologies, as well as design, relational database technologies, and performance tuning
• Experience with Web Services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST and WS standards)
• Strong technical experience with XML and XLST
• Knowledge of Workday implementation tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer, and iLoad)
• Understand basic database architecture, tables, functional interactions, and recognize and understand impacts to downstream systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with team members and leadership
• Strong attention to detail, problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle both planned and unplanned responsibilities
• Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong oral and written communication
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant technical field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Software, Engineering or related technical discipline) or equivalent combination of training and work experience
• 3+ years of experience in interface architecture including Web Services and APIs
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in Workday Financials or Human Capital Management or Payroll modules
• Workday Integrations experience with Core Connectors, Studio, Web Services
• Experience in Workday Reporting including calculated fields #LI-ME1
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.