Workshop Manager - Sydney
Monica Clare Recruitment
Based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, this highly innovative business who specialises in structural steel fabrication and metalwork, is seeking a Workshop Manager to join their team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to be a proactive leader, who takes ownership, accountability and pride in operating a highly productive workshop.
Additionally, you will have the ability to build strong rapport and respect with your team, whilst also having a track record in proactively managing workflows and competing deadlines.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Production planning of all projects and tasks through the available resources across the whole factory.
- Working to a planned schedule through all stages of their manufacturing process, meeting client commitments.
- Manage skills and allocate staff to maintain optimum level of production including short-term staffing requirements.
- Supporting trades with technical knowledge and quality assurance checks to meet their high level of standards.
- Communication on every level of the business, from conveying projects to workshop operations to in depth reporting to the Project Manager, Commercial Manager and Managing Director.
- Projecting costing and timelines, with an ability to address any discrepancies in either areas.
- Work alongside team members and spotting areas where improvement and training can better improve the productivity and the safety of workshop environment.
- Manage the routine maintenance plan for all equipment and plant.
- Maintain high level of safety standards and housekeeping.
- Continuously improve the operation and functionality of the factory.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Proven leadership skills with a track record that reflects the ability to maintain and grow teams resulting in a highly collaborative and positive workplace culture.
- Proven skills at resolving problems independently and improving outcomes for all stakeholders.
- 10 years' + proven successful experience in similar Workshop Management position.
- Experience in managing CNC machinery (Beamline and Plasma table).
- Qualification in the fabrication trade or industry.
- Strong knowledge of AS1554 and other welding processes.
- Welding Inspector qualifications an advantage.
- Strong structural steel fabrication background.
- Ability to work from drawings, sketches, oral and written instructions.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Environmental, Quality & OHS Management Systems.
- Intermediate capability on Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and BIM 3D Models.
- Employment in a highly desirable location to live.
- Permanent full-time role with competitive salary package.
- ISO Certified business to 9001 (Quality), 14001 (Environment) & 45001 (Safety).
- Ongoing training and development.
- Cutting edge vertically integrated business with latest CNC machinery and technology.
- Excellent team culture and full management support.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click APPLY or for a confidential discussion call Simon Rutten 0447 718 ***.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.