Writer, Fox & Friends (R50012186)
Fox News Media
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month. JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a talented Writer to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends. You are an expert storyteller. As the Writer, you use creative, compelling and conversational copy to pull viewers in. You know the difference between an attention-grabbing headline and burying the lead. You like to dig into details, find the most interesting part of a story, and make it resonate with viewers across the country.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write vo's, vo/sot's & reporter stories under tight deadline pressure
- Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
- Create graphics and edit video via your desktop
- Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
- Be a true team player in a pool of talented writers
- Pitch story ideas
- Craft bold banners that stand out
- Scour social media for elements or information that the competitors missed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of major market experience
- Working both weekend and weekday overnight hours
- Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
- Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
- Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy and history
- Capable of working harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.