The Defect Metrology Technician will work as part of the Yield team and its defect inspection and defect classification activities in the Assembly Test and Technology Development (ATTD) factories in Chandler, AZ.
The main focus for this position will be Reject Validation (RV) for visual mechanical defects on package units and equipment sustaining and programming (recipe writing) tasks across a fleet of Defect metrology tools.
The Technician is responsible for imaging rejected units with visual mechanical defects in the factory and assigning the correct classification or loss code.
Most imaging will take place using one the microscopes or automated imaging tools on the factory floor.
The Defect Metrology Technician is also responsible for recipe writing and optimization, equipment error troubleshooting and other sustaining tasks across the Defect Metrology Area.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only.
A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.
Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in relevant STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) field or equivalent military training and or experiences.
- 6+ months of experience working in a cleanroom setting
- Experience in an equipment role in multiple areas across recipe writing, operations, basic troubleshooting and other optimization projects.
- Willingness to work in the factory in a bunny suit for the majority of your work hours.
- Willingness to communicate verbally and in written form technical information and status updates to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficient in Windows computer operating systems and Windows software applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and running scrips for standard data extraction and manipulation.
- A self-starter with multitasking skills, willing to contribute to technical innovation and deliver results for complex and time-critical problems.
- Previous experience as tool owner
- Flexibility on shift preference across shifts 1, 5 or 7.
- Skilled with JMP and SQLpathfinder
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.