Zonal Risk Engineering Manager
Functional Area:UW - UnderwritingEstimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%Relocation Provided: NoAIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
AIG are hiring an Engineering Manager to lead a team of account engineers who provide our underwriting teams with account level risk engineering information, meet with clients to understand their needs and manage risk improvements resulting from field surveys.
- Manage and lead a team of account engineers who are responsible for:
- Completing account reviews
- Implement the Client Service Process
- Managing risk improvements
- Manage training and personnel development within region and establish and maintain training and develop plan
- Work closely with underwriting to obtain and maintain clients
- Ensure the account team has the appropriate knowledge and skill sets to be effective in delivering services to underwriting and our clients
- Partner with Client Service Teams to enhance client relationships and promote engineering capabilities.
- Partner with Client Risk Solutions teams to identify solutions for our clients in order to increase our value to them
- Coordinate on-boarding of new hires
- Mentor and train lesser experienced staff
- Implement the quality control of account reviews completed by your team of account engineers
- Provide GRASP and RSW support/guidance and stay abreast of GRASP and RSW related issues within region
- Coordinate GRASP & RSW UAT within region
- Provide monthly zonal metrics to the Regional Engineering Leader
- Assist with/Lead regional or global projects
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following:
- Possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Extensive highly protected risk, specialized industry and/or boiler and machinery field experience
- Prior management experience
- Broad knowledge in ‘all risk’ property loss control and experienced in performing property field surveys of commercial and light to high hazard industrial occupancies.
- Proficiency in automatic sprinkler system hydraulic calculations & fire protection water supply analysis.
- Proficiency in assessing exposures from wind, flood and earthquake.
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Be highly motivated and work well without close supervision. The individual must be able to make decisions with and without established guidelines and to provide technical support to underwriters & clients.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), computer skills and a client focused approach.
- Professional Engineer or Certified Fire Protection Specialist Designation (desired but not required).
- Ability to work closely with field engineering and underwriters
- Must be able to perform physical activities required for the position (i.e., be on feet and walking 8-10 hours a day, climbing ladders, being at high elevations)
- Must be able to type at a computer for 8 hours a day with 3 or 4, 15 minute breaks doing other work and a lunch break interspersed.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment required for the position (hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.