Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Act for Kids
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2020 - 2021 we provided services to 40,360 people, including over 25,900 children.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the job...
We are seeking a Part-time Occupational Therapist to join our caring, compassionate and friendly team. Based in Blacktown, this role is Permanent.
This role will involve:
- Provide an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families in Sydney.
- Encourage and strengthen supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Enhance therapeutic and psychosocial outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma.
- Work with Act for Kids staff members, other professionals and agencies to enhance client outcomes.
- Maintain a client case load as negotiated with the Clinical Services Manager.
- Provide occupational therapy assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Identify and work toward client goals and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and development of case plans.
- Act as a client/customer focused, values-based team member and work collaboratively with other staff to achieve strong results across all activities at Act for Kids.
- Ensure behaviour during all work interactions is aligned to our values of being professional, ethical, team oriented, caring, courageous and collaborative.
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- National registration as an Occupational Therapist is essential and membership of Occupational Therapy Australia is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 - 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $96,970 - $101,251 plus superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- A friendly and flexible work environment to support work/life balance
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check and relevant positive NDIS Worker Screening Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility may be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Job applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application as soon as possible
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
- For more information about the role, contact Carmelina Faga on 0409 362 *** or **************@actforkids.com.au.
Click here to see a full copy of the position description
Closing Date: 5 October 2022