- At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
- Job Summary:*
- This position is eligible for a minimum of $30K Sign-On Bonus*
- Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates
- You are part of a team, building state of the art testing environments, as the last step before flight test.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work with weapon system designers, to understand requirements, design solutions, integrate, and deploy to support tactical software development, testing, and delivery to the warfighter. We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team.
Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you. Due to the nature of the business, remote work is not possible.
Also, up to 25% business travel may be required.
- Responsibilities to Anticipate: *
- Develop test processes, test requirements, functional decompositions, interface modeling, and Embedded/Built-In Test recommendations
- Evaluate schematics and system testability in order to make design and test recommendations for fault isolation and test access
- Perform supplier assessments by analyzing black box models and third-party documentation
- Collaborate across all engineering teams to define, design, and document Test Equipment network (TEn) capabilities and requirements with an eye towards how prime hardware should be tested at different levels
- Manage schedules and resources to meet assigned milestones
You Must Have:*
- Bachelors’ degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) with a minimum of eight (8) years of directly related engineering experience
- Three (3) or more years of working knowledge of Test Systems design, development, integration and verification activities across the product lifecycle
- One (1) or more years of experience in test systems requirements definition
- One (1) or more years of experience with Electro-Optical or RF systems
- Previous work experience with Systems Engineering standard views such as Block Definition Diagrams, Context Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Previous work experience reading and understanding of electrical schematics.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Masters or Ph. D. in the aforementioned degree
- Preferred Electrical or Computer Engineering degree or background
- Experience performing testability analysis on circuit cards and other assemblies
- Experience analyzing circuit cards, to include troubleshooting, schematic capture, layout, and manufacturing techniques
- Experience in developing Test Requirements Documents and Integration Test Plans
- Experience on proposal teams writing or supporting Basis of Estimates (BOE)
- Knowledge of Technology Readiness Levels (TRL’s) and Manufacturing Readiness Levels (MRL’s) is a plus
- Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs.
Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
- Clearance Information:
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of
State government website here: [https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm](https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm) Location Information: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within
- RMD and RI&S
- have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles.
ALL eligibility requirements must be met ([see guidelines](http://onertn.ray.com/functions/hrs/hr/TA/erip/index.html?WT.mc_id=erip_email)) to receive the Referral Awarding.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.