Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Service Desk is critical to the success of our IT organization. Increasingly, our customers demand the delivery of a world class service; our delivery of that service can be the difference between success and failure for our customers. All Service Desk Analysts are responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. The primary Service Desk Analyst role is that of providing first level support through taking telephone calls, handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests utilizing the incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of numerous enterprise applications, products, and/or infrastructure components.
Note: This is an ongoing temporary position (up to 6 months) and has the potential to go full-time at any point during the assignment, depending on the business need. Also, the position is full-time remote, although you may have the option of going into an office on a hybrid schedule, depending on your location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- You act as a point of contact for telephone calls, emails and self-service tickets from both internal and external customers regarding IT issues, queries and requests.
- Determines root cause and provides accurate, creative, and timely solutions to ensure customer productivity. Provides a basic level of hardware troubleshooting, repair and installation on specified products to customers.
- The aim of our team is to work quickly and effectively together; as such we aim to achieve certain Key Performance Indicators that include but not limited to Average Speed of Answer; Average Handle Time; Overall Resolution Rate, etc..
- Maintaining a high degree of integrity and exceptional communication, customer service for all support queries, adhering to all service management principles and protocols.
- Diligently follows standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately logs all service desk contacts using the Incident Management tracking software.
- Flexibility to backfill for peers when coverage is needed. Including holidays, weekends etc.
- You will have a desire to continually improve, to train, coach and hone technical knowledge to aid increased fix rate within our organization and improve the customer experience.
- Adapting to constantly changing call volume and remain productive during idle time.
- Ability to Multitask in a fast paced Service Desk environment with clients/internal customers while maintaining patience and professionalism at all times.
- A passion to contribute, create, publish support materials in line with best practices for Knowledge Centered Services Support model.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain various IT Network resources/devices for customers such as IP Cisco Phone, Verba Recording Software, and Aruba Remote Device.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Work Arrangement: Teleworker Setup
- Minimum requirements for home internet speeds 6mbps upload and download.
- Hardwired connection to Home Network is mandatory.
- May require an associate degree or its equivalent of 2 or more years professional experience.
- IT Service Desk Call Center experience required – specifically supporting users via telephone, email, self-service channels.
- Ability to follow well defined processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. M365, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Visio) and Acrobat Pro.
- Technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage stressful periods and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist team members with fluctuating workload.
- Must be excellent in customer service delivery abilities.
- 2 or more years of experience in the following technologies, not limited to but preferred: Logmein, Remedy, Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Cisco IP Phone Solutions, Printing Solutions, M365 and Windows 10.
- Exudes professionalism when interacting with all levels of an organization.
- Analyze data, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Experience in IT operations and process management.
- Ability to translate technical information into business language.
- Knowledge and understanding of incident management, attention to detail and workflow (Remedy preferred).
- Demonstrates abilities to troubleshoot and isolate problems between networks, hardware, and other applications.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.