Full time starting salary is normally in the range £32,348 to £42,155, with potential progression once in post to £44,737.
24 Months in the first instance
Responsible for managing a portfolio of trials associated with a clinical specialty and the staff working on those trials in addition to actively coordinating trials. Contribute to the design, conduct, analysis, publication and presentation of clinical trials research.
- A higher degree - or near completion to (PhD or MSc) in a relevant biomedical science or associated subject with experience of clinical trials research (for some roles a proven track record of successfully obtaining research funding from a recognised funding body will suffice) or a graduate with strong experience as a Trial Manager and a proven ability to taken on a senior role
- An in-depth understanding of clinical research and trial management methodology, including applicable regulatory requirements, and a proven ability to apply these to the coordination of clinical trials
- Experience preparing regulatory and ethics submissions; grant applications; writing and/or amending protocols; patient information sheets; case report forms; reports, and other relevant clinical trial management documentation.
- Proven project management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent administrative, clerical and office management skills.
- Effective communication, negotiation, presentation, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent computing skills including advanced word processing and email.
- Experience in the design, maintenance, and interrogation of complex relational databases (MS Access preferred).
- Able to work on own initiative and problem solve.
- Must demonstrate a critical and intelligent attention to detail and high standards of accuracy.
- Experience preparing publications and submitting grant applications.
- Ability to meet the travel needs of the post which include travel nationally and internationally on occasion.
- Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day-to-day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly.
Informal enquires can be made to Amanda Knight at **********@bham.ac.uk
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button above, please quote the appropriate Job Ref in all enquiries, alternatively information can be obtained from https://edzz.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_6001/job/92/?utm_medium=jobshare
Valuing excellence, sustaining investmentWe value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working