Under general direction of the Provider Relations & Engagement Supervisor, performs field –based point-of-care and diagnostic testing services for client health plan members and other patient service-related duties as assigned.
The following tasks are essential for this position. Incumbents in this classification may not perform all of these tasks, or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
- Conducts diagnostic service appointment visits to health plan members homes, patient service centers, health fair locations and/or other locations as assigned. Visits may include some or all of the following services:
- Bone Density Scans for Osteoporosis detection/prevention
- Diabetic Retinopathy Imaging
- Peripheral Arterial Disease measurement
- POC lab testing including but not limited to, A1C finger sticks, Micro-albumin Urine testing and FOBT kit (Drop Off)
- Follows instructions provided by patient outreach center liaison/team lead and Provider Relations & Engagement Supervisor.
- Completes diagnostic reports via company-provided laptop and assigned measuring equipment within 48-72 hours of health plan member encounter.
- Prepares clear, concise and comprehensive summary reports within established timelines
- Uploads images in a timely manner (within 48-72 hours) to the designated portal
- Updates status of assigned appointment lists via computer-based appointment management systems
- Makes recommendations for process improvement to the Supervisor and internal partners
- Responds to e-mails, instant messages, voice mail promptly and professionally.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the public and all levels of staff and management.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, standards of conduct, and with state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Submits accurate time, travel logs and expense reports as directed by management and on time.
- Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code, appearing neat and clean at all times.
- Reports on time to appointments, following attendance guidelines.
- Communicates appropriately with health plan members (clients), coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as required
Required Work Experience:
Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service role with direct contact with customers
Preferred Work Experience:
- Experience in a health care organization a plus
- Experience in a mobile / travel / floater role preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Requires vision (which may be corrected) to read small print.
- Requires mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects.
- Performs lifting, pushing and/or pulling which does not exceed 50 pounds but is a frequent aspect of the job. (Osteo machine weighs 50lbs with water in it)
- Requires driving, sitting, standing as part of routine activities
- Must be flexible and available based on appointment requirements across assigned territory and flexible to travel with advance notice to a broader geography within the state.
Must be Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Able to navigate within an assigned geography and adapt to travel conditions in assigned service areas
- Able to learn and apply policies and procedures of business unit operations.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English with business appropriate language usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and perform duties as assigned with minimal supervision.
- Operate standard business applications on a lap-top computer with keyboard/data entry skills
- Successfully adapt in a high-volume, fast-paced working atmosphere with multiple activities.
- Must be detail oriented & ability to multi-task
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Professional medical certification strongly desired (medical assistant, phlebotomy, or similar)
Valid driver’s license(Required)